- Web Developer Toolbar
– Essential tools for any web developer. Too many to mention here.
- Greasemonkey – “Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension which lets you to add bits of DHTML (“user scripts”) to any web page to change its behavior. In much the same way that user CSS lets you take control of a web page’s style, user scripts let you easily control any aspect of a web page’s design or interaction.”
- Adblock Plus – The development of Adblock pretty much stopped in 2004. When more and more people demanded improvements Adblock Plus was created. Adblock Plus is a completely rewritten version of the original Adblock.
- Tab Mix Plus – Loads of Tab improvements. Changing the behavior of tab opening, focus, closing, mouse eventsion tab and much more. One of the best tab extensions around!
- IE Tab – IE Tab allows embedding Internet Explorer in tabs of Mozilla and Firefox.
- del.icio.us extension – social bookmarking extension
- BugMeNot -This extension automatically fills in login forms from a list of username and passwords collected from bugmenot.com. With this, you can bypass registrations on websites that you would not like to be registered with will still being able to access their content.
- StumbleUpon – “StumbleUpon uses ratings to form collaborative opinions on website quality. When you stumble, you will only see pages which friends and like minded stumblers have liked.”
- Adblock – “Adblock is a content filtering plug-in for the Mozilla and Firebird browsers. It is both more robust and more precise than the built-in image blocker.”
- Adblock Filterset.GUpdater – This extension allows you to automatically keep up to date Adblock or Adblock+ with G’s latest filterset every 4-7 days. It also provides you with the ability to define your own filters that you want to persist between updates.
- Download Statusbar – Download Statusbar is a browser extension that allows you to keep track of ongoing and completed downloads in a hide-away statusbar.
- SessionSaver – “SessionSaver restores your browser -exactly- as you left it, every startup, every time. Not even a crash will phase it. Windows, tabs, even
things you were typing — they’re all saved.”
- DownThemAll! – The power downloader: lets you download in just one click links, images or other selections contained in a webpage.
- ScrapBook – ScrapBook is a Firefox extension, which helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections. Key features are lightness, speed, accuracy and multi-language support. Major features are: * Save Web page * Save snippet of Web page * Save Web site (In-depth Capture) * Organize the collection in the same way as Bookmarks tree * Highlighter, Eraser and various page editing tools * Full text search and quick filtering search * Text edit feature resembling Opera’s Notes
- Mouse Gestures – Allows you to execute commands by moving the mouse around.
- CustomizeGoogle – It enhances Google search results by adding extra information (like links to Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information (like ads and spam).
- Gmail Manager – “This is a Firefox extension that allows you to manage multiple gmail accounts and receive new mail notifications. Displays account details including unread messages, saved drafts, spam messages, labels with new mail, space used, and new mail snippets.”
- FlashGot – “FlashGot turns every supported download manager in a download manager for Firefox”
- ColorZilla – Use and eyedropper tool to find the color of any point in your browser.
- Fasterfox – performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
- Forecastfox – Gives a nice weather forecast in the lower right hand corner of Firefox.
- Sage – RSS and Atom feed reader extension
- GmailNotifier – A good replacement for Google’s notifier, this extension adds a statusbar item showing if you have new email. You can configure the time between checks for new email.
- HTML Validator – HTML Validator is a Mozilla extension that adds HTML validation inside Firefox and Mozilla. The number of errors of a HTML page is seen on the form of an icon in the status bar when browsing. The details of the errors are seen when looking the HTML source of the page.
- All In One Sidebar (AIOS) – Manage a lot of things through the Firefox sidebar, create new toolbars, etc.
- Foxy Tunes – FoxyTunes is an Extension for Mozilla Firefox. It also supports the Mozilla Suite and Mozilla Thunderbird. It allows you to control your favorite media player without leaving the browser. The controls are positioned on the status bar or one of the toolbars, so no extra space is wasted.
- Stop orReload Button – Combines Stop & Reload into one button
- All-in-One Gestures Extension –
- SuperDragAndGo – Drag a link (e.g. google ), text-link (e.g. http://www.google.com ), text-uri (e.g. abc.com), image , or bookmark quicklink from bookmarks toolbar folder and throw it anywhere on your webpage (content area) to open it on a new tab.
- CSSViewer – A beautifully simple CSS property viewer – hover over any element to see its properties
- Update Notifier – Notifies you when updates are available for your extensions and themes. Easily configurable for automatically installing updates
when available and checking for updates when Firefox starts.
- Restart Firefox – Adds “Restart Firefox” menuitem to “File”, and a toolbar button for easy restarting. Great for when you install themes or extensions and
need to restart Firefox.
- Foxylicious – Foxylicious is a Mozilla Firefox extension that syncs your del.icio.us bookmarks into your browser bookmarks.
- Aardvark – The Aardvark Firefox extension is a tool for web developers/designers providing the opportunity of viewing and editing styles (css) and content of the page elements… Things You Can Do With Aardvark : Clean up unwanted banners and surrounding “fluff,” especially prior to printing a page … See how the page is created, block by block … View the source code of one or more elements and more … one of my very favorite …
- FireFTP – Full-featured, free (charityware) FTP client that runs as a Firefox extension.
- Tabbrowser Preferences – Advanced controlls for tabbed browsing.
- Performancing -“Performancing for Firefox is a full featured blog editor that sits right within Firefox. Just hit F8 or click the little pencil icon at the bottom right to bring up the blog editor and easily post to your WordPress, MovableType or Blogger blogs.”
- Firebug – Enhanced console and DOM inspector for great web development.
- SiteAdvisor – Best. WebSafety. Extension. Ever. They trolled 95% of the world’s web traffic and tested e-mail registration forms with unique e-mail addresses for spam and downloads for spyware. Mindboggling – and free.
- Platypus – Interactive removal of page elements through Greasemonkey.
- Fleck – Fleck let’s you add notes and comment to every page on the web. Blog or share your annotated pages. **Comarking**(commenting and Bookmarking in one) is what they call it. *no account needed!*
- All-in-One Gestures – This extension allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page
- Paste and Go – lets you paste an URL from the clipboard into the address bar and load it as a single step, either via the address bar’s context menu or by pressing Ctrl-Shift-V. Similarly, you can “Paste and Search” via the search bar’s context menu or Ctrl-Shift-S.”
- Image Zoom – Adds zoom functionality for images. Easily zoom in, zoom out, fit image to screen or set custom zoom on individual images within a web page.
- User Agent Switcher – Adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.
- Menu Editor – Rearrange or remove menuitems from the main context menu (right-click menu) and main menubar (File, Edit, View, etc.).
- MassInstaller – If you have ever had to re-install Firefox, or you are installing Firefox for the first time on a new computer, you know it can be a
pain to hunt down and install your favorite extensions. The Mass Installer extension reads a list of extension URLs from a text file and automatically
installs them all in one fell swoop.
- FirefoxShowcase – Showcase is an extension thought to easily locate and select any open browser window in Firefox. Press F12, and it generates a page with the small thumbnails of opened webpage.
- FlashBlock – Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape browsers that takes a pessimistic approach to dealing with Macromedia Flash content on a webpage and blocks ALL Flash content from loading. It then leaves placeholders on the webpage that allow you to click to download and then view the Flash content.
- ForecastFox Enhanced – Enhanced version of the popular Forecastfox extension. This adds 12 improved radar images and the ability to supply a URL
for your own radar image. It also allows for pausing, restarting and setting the frequency of automatic updates.
- Operator – Operator lets you combine pieces of information on Web sites with applications in ways that are useful. For instance, Flickr + Google Maps, Upcoming.org + Google Calendar, Yahoo! Local + your address book, Delicious + Answers from Yedda, and many more possibilities and permutations. All of these scenarios are possible due to **Microformats**, an emerging standard for injecting semantics into HTML.
- Measure It – Draw out a ruler to get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.
- IE View Lite – This is a cut down version of IE View by Paul Roub, which is 47.4 KB. All the same UI and features are there. It has a right click menu item
to open a page in IE and a list of sites to always open in IE. Everything’s just been rebuilt from the ground up to be smaller and more efficient. Plus, it has
the ability to pass extra parameters to the executable (very helpful for use with WINE), which is not included in regular IE View.
- SpellBounddevelopment version – As you type spell check in every text fields. Supports all the dictionaries provided by mozilla.
- SiteAdvisor FirefoxExtension – “We test the Web to help keep you safe from spyware, spam, viruses and online scams.”
- AutoCopy – Select text and it’s automaticaly copied to the clipboard, like Trillian or mIrc.
- LiveHTTPHeaders – View HTTP Headers on the fly. Extremely helpful for debugging web applications.
- FEBE – This is a brand new Firefox extension that allows you to create a backup of all your installed extensions and themes. The backups are created in an
installable xpi format so you can easily port them to another computer.
- Fission – Fission combines address bar and progress bar, making the progress bar more visible and allowing for a nice visual effect. This is similar to the
Safari browser’s progress bar.
- Torrent Finder Toolbar -Torrent Search Toolbar that enables all Torrent Finder search functions from your own Firefox browser. The new Toolbar should give you more flexibility and feature rich to make you find torrents in a snap.
- “Using Firefox” Recommended Extensions – Updated list and review of best Firefox extensions and themes. Convenient download links.
- Extreme Web Site Makeover – Does your web site bring in new leads? Does it increase customer satisfaction or generate additional sales? If not, it may be
time for a web site makeover. Below are a few key questions to consider before you redesign your web site.
- Organize Statusbar – Rearrange or hide any item (icon or text) in the status bar
- The Web 2.0 Toolbar – FireFox users save time and keep up on the latest Web 2.0 news right from one browser toolbar. The Free Web 2.0 Toolbar aggregates the best of Social Search, Social Bookmarking, Social Pics, Social Video and Social News websites
- Torrent-Search Toolbar – Best RSS torrent feed on the net.
- SplitLink – View the true url that you are being redirected to.
- Plain Text to Link – Plain text to link is able to select plain text in a page and save it in a text file.
- Gmail File Space – This extension allows you to use your Gmail Space (2 GB) for file storage. It acts as a remote machine. You can transfer files between your hard drive and gmail. This is similar to “Gmail Drive” on windows platform. Your gmail account looks like a FTP host and you can upload and download your files.
- LiveLines – Add RSS feeds to web-based readers, reader extensions, or desktop readers with the RSS icon on the status bar.
- Colorful Tabs – A simple, but elegant idea: color the tabs in Firefox. Beautiful, and I love it.
- Cookie Culler – CookieCuller is an extended and enhanced version of the Cookie Manager that comes with Firefox/Mozilla.
- Copy Plain Text – Copies text without formatting.
- Download Embedded – Download Embedded does exactly what it sounds like it does. It adds a right-click context menu entry to download all embedded files on a webpage. Its great for grabbing embedded flash animations, movies, music, etc., and a lot easier than digging through the page source or through Firefox’s
- Slim Extension List – Makes items in extension list shorter, so you can see more at once. Also, sorts them by name (optionally).
- Autocopy – Select text on any web page and it will be automatically copied to the clipboard. It works in much the same way as does Trillian or mIrc.
- Mouseless Browsing – GREAT extension to browse with the keyboard *only* – I can’t imagine living without it anymore 🙂 Screenshot and additional explanation on http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=3179.0
- Firefox Table ToolsExtension – Sort table cells with hotkeys + click.
- Google Toolbar – Google Search, Autolink, Translation and SpellCheck in one toolbar.
- BetterSearch – Enhances Google, MSN Search, Yahoo Search, A9, Answers.com, AllTheWeb, del.icio.us and Simpy.com by adding previews (thumbnails) and Amazon product images and info, a quick preview feature as well as “Open in New Window”, “Site Info” and “Wayback Machine” links to the search results
- Reveal – Reveal creates thumbnails of your tabbed pages, allowing you to select, reorder, or even sort through pages in the session history. After you have installed Reveal and restarted your browser, it takes you through a nice step-by-step tutorial on how to use it. This is the coolest new Firefox extension I have seen in a while (cool as in 50% fun, 50% useful), and definitely worth a look.
- Add Bookmark Here – Allows you to add bookmarks to any folder in the bookmarks menu like in Opera.
- Cacheout! – Especially for Digg.com and Slashdot.com users, how many times are you unable to access a particular article because the remote server has been
slammed by the Digg/Slashdot Effect? Cacheout! lets you try to access articles through Google’s caching service and CoralCDN.org. More being added all the
time! Load up webpages using Google’s caching service and CoralCDN.org.
- Colorzilla – You cannot discuss about colors but you can catch them
- Search EngineOrdering – SEO – SEO allows you to sort and delete search engines that are in the search bar.
- Sort Extensions and Themes – It does just that.
- Deepest Sender – Deepest Sender is a blogging client for Firefox. What does this mean? Well, it means that instead of having to go to the Update page on
LiveJournal/WordPress/Blogger/whatever, or loading up a separate client program, all you have to do is hit Ctrl+, or click the button in your toolbar, and you can start posting.
- Hyperwords – Hyperwords allow you to interact with all the text on the web.
- InfoLister – InfoLister is an extension for Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird and Nvu that collects various information about Firefox/Thunderbird and saves it to a file. Currently it prints the list of installed extensions, themes and plugins.
- Copy URL+ – The Copy URL+ extension enables you to copy to the clipboard the current document’s address along with additional information such as the document’s title, the current selection or both. It allows you to add your own custom menu entries.
- Foxlingo – Foxlingo translates websites with their current interface; many languages supported.
- SwitchProxy Tool – “SwitchProxy lets you manage and switch between multiple proxy configurations quickly and easily. You can also use it as an anonymizer to protect your computer from prying eyes.”
- Ready2Search – Ready2Search makes search settings for Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 2. Ready2Search is also useful as an image operator.
- CNET 10 Besst Extensions for Firefox 2 – FoxyTunes, Tab Mix Plus, MR TECH Loacl Install ….
- FoxClocks – The world is my oyster, the time is my lemon
- Roll Your Own FireFox Search Engine – Create custom search engines for your Firefox Search Bar.
- Chatsum – Chat with other Chatsum users that are looking at the same website as you. Includes cool stats, profile pages, and a web2.0 chat interface.
- Firefox Showcase – This is a great extension, list it up!:-)
- XBMC Fox – This adds a new option to the right click menu in Firefox which will send URL’S to Xbox Media Center for onscreen playback.
- X-RAY – This one will show you the html TAGS while you’re watching the site itself. COOL idea and it’s still getting developed for further usage.
- userstyles.org – A collection of styles that puts you in control of the appearance of websites and of Mozilla applications.
- Session Manager – Session Manager saves and restores the state of all windows.
- Cache Status -Easy cache status & management from status bar.
- Foxmarks – Synchronizes bookmarks across multiple machines.
- Tab X – Adds a close button to each of the browser tabs, and removes the close button at the end of the tab bar.
- Get jetable mail – Get a time limited mail alias to avoid spam, via context menu. Works great
- 1-Click Answers – Hold down Alt and click on any word to get quick definitions and facts. (reliable facts and definitions from over 100 dictionaries, encyclopedias and almanacs)
- Context Search – Context Search transforms the “Web Search for…” context item into a menu containing your Mycroft search plugins. This is very convenient, since it allows you to decide which search engine you use. Firefox’s default is to use the currently selected search plugin only.
- Yoono – Yoono’s Firefox toolbar automatically suggests similar sites to the current one based on other people’s
bookmark folder structure. It additionally allows you to sync your bookmarks
with a server and share them across multiple computers.
- MenuX – “MenuX was designed for laptop/tablet use where maximum screen realestate is desired. Adds the ability to collapse any toolbar. Adds a library of toolbar buttons.” A real time-saver and really useful for 1-click access to options, sidebars, extensions, etc.
- deskCut – This extension adds desktop shortcut creation to the context-menu. Both Windows and
Linux (KDE/GNOME) desktop shortcuts are supported.
- CookieButton – Another approach to controlling cookies by site permissions. Currently has many user ratings of 5 out of 5.
- SearchPluginHacks – adds a context menu to the search plugins drop-down list, which allows quickly deleting unneeded plugins.
- Peekko Chat – An IRC Client links with visiting web page. “Peekko Chat is a new Firefox extension that makes every web page a place where people can congregate.”
- SearchStatus – View PageRank and AlexaRank in the status bar as you browse. Also has many shortcuts for search engine checks.
- trovando – With trovando you only need enter keywords once, to access and compare results from 250+ search engines across 10 categories (Web, Images,
Reference, Tag, News, Price, Blogs, AudioVideo, Torrent, URL).
- Chickenfoot – automated web browsing tool. Web agent within firefox.
- SEOpen – Provides some basic tools to help with search engine optimization. Including google backlinks, yahoo backlinks, PageRank check, http header viewer,
- a Better delicious – This extension to post and manage del.icio.us bookmarks is far better than the one they provide.
- Slogger – Slogger is an Extension for Mozilla Firefox web browser. It is a very flexible tool for creating a complete log of your browsing history (thus the name: Slogger =”browse logger”).
- Adsense Notifier – “Displays your Adsense earnings on the statusbar.”
- Answers.com for Firefox – Click on any word on your screen and get instant, accurate facts and definitions. I urge you to try it!
- View Cookies – It adds a tab to the Page Info dialog box, which shows the cookies of the current webpage. This is interesing for developers, privacy-concious
users and others.
- ViewSourceWith – View page source with external applications, you can also open images using GIMP or ACDSee or open PDF link using Acrobat Reader.
- Stealther – Temporarily disable history and cache.
- Smiley Xtra – Lets you insert smilies from a huge online database into forum posts and blogs.
- Feed Your Reader – Feed Your Reader allows you to use the RSS Autodiscovery in firefox to launch external aggregators, such as Nick Bradbury’s FeedDemon or web based aggregators such as Feed Lounge. By default, FYR uses the feed:// protocol allowing a wide range of aggregators to be supported. However, FYR can be also be configured to support various web based aggregators and desktop applications which do not support feed://. FYR replaces the functionality of the built-in RSS icon, if you wish to add a live bookmark, hold down the shift key when you select your feed.
- refspoof – A simple toolbar that allows to load a page with a different referer.
- Bookmarks Synchronizer – sync your firefox bookmarks between multiple computers using ftp/webdav…the most useful extension ever used!
- EasyGesture – easyGestures is a pie menu that pops up inside the browser when you click the mouse and then let you perform various actions at the tip of the mouse pointer with minimum mouse movement.
- POTO Sidebar – The original Opera-like sidebar. Not cluttered like the derived All-in-One Sidebar.
- Unwrap Text – 1)Unwraps a multi-line URL and opens it in a new tab. 2) Unwraps a multi-line street address and opens it in Google maps.
- Permit Cookies – Manage cookies permissions site by site.
- Informenter – Easily fill forms with information you often use.
- FxIF (Firefox exIF) – FxIF (Firefox exIF) allows you to view the EXIF data contained in JPEG images from the convenience of your Firefox browser.
- Color Contrast Analyser – Determining the colour contrast between foreground and background colours is a time consuming task, but is greatly aided by colour
contrast analysers. This Firefox extension reveals the colour contrast of all elements in the DOM. If you evaluate websites for colour contrast, this extension will be useful for saving you time, and also take out the guesswork required to determine which colours to test …
- OpenDownload – This extension allows you to open ANY file (executables, etc.) from the internet into the default program assigned by your operating system, without needing to save it first. This is similar to IEs ‘Run’ function for executables.
- NukeAnything Enhanced – Allows you to remove anything from any website.
- FootieFox – Soccer scores for today’s matches of many European leagues – live and almost instantly.
- FlickrFox – Browsing Flickr Images in the sidebar.
- Habari Xenu – An integrated XUL reader for feed (RSS/Atom)
Any suggestions, ideas? Feel free to comment on this article!