A simple rollover swaps in the state directly under the top state and involves only one slice.
1. Ensure that the trigger object is not on a shared layer.
2. Select Edit > Insert > Rectangular Slice or Polygon Slice to create a slice on top of the trigger object.
3. Create a new state in the States panel by clicking the New/Duplicate State button.
4. Create, paste, or import an image to use as the swap image on the new state. Position the image beneath the slice you created in step 2. Although you are in state 2, the slice is visible.
5. Select State 1 in the States panel to return to the state that has the original image.
6. Select the slice and place the pointer over the behavior handle.
Note: You can select the slice while in any state.
7. Click the behavior handle and select Add Simple Rollover Behavior from the menu.
8. Click the Preview tab and test the simple rollover, or press F12 to preview it in a browser.
Any suggestions, ideas? Feel free to comment on this article!